How many custom fields do you have? For most of us the answer is: too many! With research and diligence, you can clean up your duplicate and unused custom fields and get your count down to a manageable number.
In this course, you’ll learn how custom fields work, how to determine when a new custom field is warranted, and how to clean up custom fields added by application admins and add-ons.
- the attributes of a custom field,
- how to handle custom field requests,
- the 7 pieces of information to collect for each new field request,
- the differences between commonly confused field types,
- how to audit your custom field list,
- how to research add-on and admin created fields,
- and how to remove fields.
This course is for Jira administrators, but even if you’re not an admin, you can take this information back to your admin team.
Duration: 21 minutes
Impress your friends and colleagues. One or more Strategy for Jira® Training certs will look fabulous on your cube wall!
About the Instructor
Rachel Wright is an entrepreneur, process engineer, and Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator. She started using Jira and Confluence in 2011, became an administrator in 2013, and was certified in 2016.Only $39.99