Jira is for issue tracking, bug tracking, and project management. I’m a user just like you and it’s the best software I’ve found to track my own work and also my team’s work so we can meet our goals.
In this course, you’ll learn all about Jira and how to create issues so you can get started right away.
- how Jira is used and can be integrated with other applications,
- the differences between projects and issues,
- the 7 parts of the main navigation bar,
- how to use the default system dashboard,
- the 9 parts of every issue,
- how to properly create a new issue,
- the 3 ways to find issues,
- how to identify a project’s lead,
- best practices,
- and how to view and change your profile options.
This course is for anyone new to Jira. I made it basic so you can start creating immediately. Check out my intermediate and advanced courses for a deeper look at all the features.
This course is for users of the Cloud (Atlassian hosted) version. Have Server? Check out the “Intro to Jira (Server Version)” instead. Please Note: The Cloud user interface changes often. Your screens may appear differently than pictured in this presentation. Please see our comparison of the Jira Cloud navigation.
Duration: 25 minutes
You’ll earn a certificate of completion to add to your portfolio or resume.
Impress your friends and colleagues. One or more Strategy for Jira® Training certs will look fabulous on your cube wall!
About the Instructor
Rachel Wright is an entrepreneur, process engineer, and Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator. She started using Jira and Confluence in 2011, became an administrator in 2013, and was certified in 2016.