Confluence is for team collaboration, info share, and document storage. It serves as an information portal for your internal users, a help portal for your external customers, or an intranet for your company.
As a Jira administrator, I often help others with Confluence too. I like to say that Jira and I are in a long term relationship but I’m good friends with Confluence too. I use it to store all my ideas, research, reminders, lists, and documentation.
In this course, you’ll learn all about Confluence and how to create pages so you can get started right away.
- how Confluence is used and integrates with other applications,
- the differences between global and personal spaces,
- the 8 parts of the main navigation bar,
- how to use the dashboard,
- the 6 parts of every page,
- how to create pages and hierarchy,
- how to enhance pages with macros,
- how to find content,
- best practices,
- and how to view and change your profile options.
This course is for anyone new to Confluence. I made it basic so you can start creating immediately. Check out my intermediate and advanced courses for a deeper look at all the features. This course is for users of the Server version. Have Cloud? Check out the “Intro to Confluence (Cloud Version)” instead.
Duration: 25 minutes
Impress your friends and colleagues. One or more Strategy for Jira® Training certs will look fabulous on your cube wall!
About the Instructor
Rachel Wright is an entrepreneur, process engineer, and Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator. She started using Jira and Confluence in 2011, became an administrator in 2013, and was certified in 2016.